Installing Aircraft Solid Rivets –...

Aircraft Air Tools: Installing Aircraft Solid Rivets. For hobbyists, students, aircraft buffs and professionals alike, the standard fastener used to construct airframes is the solid rivet. This 7-minute clip wil…

More Aircraft Air Tools Videos:

29 Responses to “ Installing Aircraft Solid Rivets –”

1. Howshallwesay says:

Is a bucker bar what we call in the UK a “reaction” bar?

2. Allan Peda says:

I see at one point you mention that the rivet diameter should typically be
    three time the material thickness. Your illustration should reflect this,
    at least momentarily when you say as much.

3. William B says:

I hope that you consider making more videos with layout, rivet pitch, and
    spacing. This would’ve been great for preparing for testing with a DME
    years ago. But again, great video!!!!!!

4. William B says:

Thanks so much for this very thoroughly explained video. Students in A&P
    schools seem to have a lot of tech info thrown at them in class and then
    off to shop-sink or swim. Before you know it, the current training phase is
    over and onto something entirely different, whether you’ve absorbed it or
    not. Your presentation was orderly,calm, very professional, and easy to
    understand.

5. runeski74 says:

very informative! Thank you for this great video, it really cleared up the
    process for me.

6. peshgeorgiev says:

I saw a bike frame that had many rivets for decoration and those were not
    pop rivets but they were this type that requiers a bucket bar to be used –
    and here comes my question. Is there a way riveting to be done without a
    bucket bar since there is no way of puttin any inside the tube of the bike
    frame. The rivets were the ones with “half spere head” don’t know the exact
    name and still can’t find out how did they do it. Riveting was done after
    the whole frame was completed because I saw photos while drilling the holes
    but no info on how it riveting was done.

7. bammass says:

MIDDLE FINGER ON THE TRIGGER WHEN YOU RIVET

8. MrLuclevesque says:

Good afternoon Riveteer, The fella giving this presentation, Is there a
    contact to speak to him? Even their Web Site has no contact info. please
    let me know if there’s some form of contact besides on here…. thank you

9. Caleb Rankin says:

Thank you for posting this video. I have searched for the spec that
    controls the installation of rivets and can not find it. I know that these
    rivets have been install pretty much the same for the past 70 years but I
    would think some kind of document has to exist.

10. t mustafa says:

Ss

11. David Liew says:

Thank,is very detail

12. Braulio Rubio says:

very good and helpful video thanks !!

13. Rubens rando sanchez says:

thanks very much for the information. I´m a plane builder, and this
    information is very usefull!!

14. Riveteer says:

Thanks, Roy – glad you liked it. (from Vancouver, Canada)

15. Riveteer says:

No, silicone is capable of corroding aluminum. PRC is a man-made rubber
    product, used for sealing surfaces against moistures, oils, greases,
    vapour, gasses, etc. PRC has been in the aircraft industry for decades. PRC
    is a 2-part polysulfide, which requires you to mix both parts before using.

16. Cem Yalçın says:

İs there any one can explain me what is the bucking bar and how to use ?

17. Uri Amar says:

VERY VERY PRO

18. rastfle says:

thank you for this video.

19. 82drumhead says:

I was Aircraft Structural Maint’ in the Air Force as well. 6 years.

20. ximenoworks says:

There are rivet guns and air hammers. air Hammers don’t work too well
    (little control). Ones that are most common is a 3x or 4x guns.

21. Riveteer says:

PRC is what we normally used on helicopters. Usually a B-2 product, which
    allowed two hours working time. Brands like FlameMaster were common, but I
    can’t remember the exact part number. PR 890 was another product.

22. ricglos says:

hey , rogerbahakel, i got you by at least 15 years, n in the army and it
    has not changed one bit since then, only i used 1/8 inch and as i remember
    it was a number 40 drill, so you are right on,even if i am an old fogie we
    share a common background.

23. Manuel Quezada says:

im soory for asking many ? is this PRC seal is the same as expoci here in
    my country they may have it but under diferent name

24. Ahmed Turkestani says:

Thank u . U give more skill for shooting and paking .

25. Francis S. Fernandez says:

Great video! Thanks.

26. When you decide on an area to plant a plant, make sure it can thrive there.
    You may want to include a vegetable garden in your landscaping plan. With its thick, glossy needles and dense, upward-reaching branches, the yew is useful as both a shrub
    and tree.

27. Attractive element of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to say that I acquire actually loved account your blog posts.

Any way I’ll be subscribing for your feeds and even I achievement
    you get admission to persistently fast.

28. We are a bunch of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community.
    Your website offered us with helpful information to work on. You have done a formidable process and our entire group shall be
    thankful to you.