Garden Planning Tools: Garden Planner...

Garden Planning Tools: Garden Planner – New Features that Make it Easy to Plan a Productive Garden. We’ve spent the past year working hard on some fantastic new features for our online Garden Planner software. This video gives a quick overview of how the ne…

More Garden Planning Tools Videos:

35 Responses to “ Garden Planning Tools: Garden Planner”

1. Kim Doyle Wille says:

Holy COW! What a GREAT tool the Kitchen Gardeners International Garden
    Planner is and excellent instructional videos too! I can’t believe how many
    features and components there are. Thanks much – this will help our program
    a lot!

2. j s says:

A lot of gaia love went into designing this.
    Appreciated very much…

3. GrowVeg says:

Based on your feedback, we’ve just launched some great new features for our
    online Garden Planner. This video gives a quick overview of how the new
    tools work: Garden Planner – New Features for Spring 2013

4. Beachhut says:

Thanks for the explanation and the variety idea- will do that!. I guess I
    was thinking about breaking the location down to just the end plant ‘target
    location’. But yes, logically you’d need to change associations between
    ‘cohorts’ of plants and locations (maybe add locations eg ‘back bedroom’!).
    Non-trivial functionality, and ease of use would need consideration. It’s
    very graphical and user-friendly, a strong part of the appeal for many.
    Anyway, I love it and appreciate the latest update.

5. waynesurbangarden says:

Looks great. Haven’t used the planner properly yet but think it’ll be great
    to track my urban gardening experiment which I’m filming :)

6. GrowVeg says:

Thanks – we are working on bringing them to the iPad app too (and then our
    new iPhone app when that’s ready)…

7. Beachhut says:

That would be great! At the moment, if you add notes to record planting a
    small area, it appears to apply to all instances of that species. So where
    you plant the same thing at different times or apply different treatments
    you need to note separately where you’re doing each one. Would be good if
    you could link the note/activity you’re recording to the specific
    instance/location of that plant, and then you could compare what works with
    what doesn’t (hmmm- feel a data model coming on…) :-)

8. GrowVeg says:

Looking forward to your urban gardening experiment Wayne – we hope you find
    the Garden Planner really helps.

9. EthiopiaTerm says:

Do you have a feature that helps us design a winter garden after our
    spring/summer garden?

10. Kim Graves says:

We’d really like you to add a calendar function where we can make notes and
    track sow, transplant, harvest, etc dates year to year. We’re adding that
    info to the notes, but it would be useful to have a visual. We’re doing
    this on an Outlook calendar, but we then have to switch back and forth
    between programs and there’s duplication. We’re finding the garden planner
    very helpful.

11. Ashlea Harnden says:

this is the most comprehensive gardening tool out there! I began my spring
    plans before discovering this gem and definitely wasted a lot of time
    coming up with my own solution. It does everything I was pulling from
    multiple sources and stores it online in one place with the ease of use for
    future reminders, not just the task I’m currently on. I’ve found my new
    garden partner in crime!

12. Barbara Ainscough says:

fab! a great tool for education too

13. Mom of 2 Artists says:

Could not have planned my large veggie garden without you! I am encouraging
    all my friends to us Veggie Garden Planner!

14. Laurie Niestrath says:

The new features are terrific! Excited to start playing around.

15. JabberTheClaret says:

I need to resubscribe to your service again, some really nice additions
    there!

16. nancyc1970 says:

This is awesome! I’m going to put a drip system in my garden this summer.
    This will be a great help!

17. Mark Koch says:

Thanks for the video – used this last year and it looks like you’ve you
    added some great new features.

18. DryFlyRy GetUpAndGrow says:

Cant wait for these new features on the ipad app. Keep up the good work
    guys!

19. GrowVeg says:

Thanks for your comments Ashlea – we’re glad you are finding it useful.

20. waynesurbangarden says:

I think the feature which allows planting in between main crops, and
    vertical varieties will be useful.

21. GrowVeg says:

Thanks for the suggestion. We are planning a journal/reminder feature later
    in the year that will do that.

22. GrowVeg says:

Hi, yes there are two ways to design a winter garden after a spring/summer
    one: 1. You can use the Succession Planting feature which enables you to
    label which months each plant is in the ground and then view the plan for
    any month of the year. 2. You can create a ‘follow-on’ plan for the same
    year which clears out plants (except perennials) and retains the layout.
    See our other videos on ‘Succesion Planting’ and ‘Next Year’s Plan and Crop
    Rotation’ for details.

23. GrowVeg says:

Yes, the notes being the same for a plant/variety is a deliberate thing. We
    thought long and hard about this and came to the conclusion that people
    often move plants out of greenhouses or remove the row covers, so we didn’t
    want the notes disappearing when that was done. If you want to split the
    notes into separate instances, you can do that by creating a new ‘variety’
    for each instance, then it will save the notes separately. e.g. you could
    create a variety of carrots called ‘Early sowing’.

24. GrowVeg says:

Thanks! Really glad you’re finding the Garden Planner so useful.

25. wholestory11 says:

Fantastic work! Thank you!

26. Wonderful items from you, man. I have take into accout your stuff prior to and
    you’re just too great. I really like what you’ve got here, certainly like what you
    are saying and the way by which you say it. You’re making it enjoyable and you continue to care for
    to stay it sensible. I can’t wait to learn much more from
    you. This is really a tremendous website.

27. This post is in fact a nice one it assists new internet visitors, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

28. Hello friends, nice article and nice urging commented here, I am in fact
    enjoying by these.

29. It’s going to be ending of mine day, however before finish I am reading this enormous piece of
    writing to improve my know-how.

30. Great website. A lot of useful info here. I’m sending
    it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously,
    thank you for your sweat!

31. It’s great that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our discussion made here.

32. Definitely imagine that which you said. Your favourite justification appeared to be
    on the internet the simplest factor to bear
    in mind of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while folks think
    about concerns that they just don’t realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined
    out the whole thing without having side-effects
    , other people could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more.

Thanks

33. I am genuinely delighted to glance at this web site posts which contains plenty of useful data, thanks for providing these data.

34. Now I am going away to do my breakfast, once having my
    breakfast coming again to read further news.

35. Ursula@M88 says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your blog.

You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a good
    asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some
    content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please send me an e-mail if interested. Thanks!