DIY Hand Tool Storage System –...

Organizing Hand Tools: DIY Hand Tool Storage System. I was tired of having to root around in tool boxes any time I needed a hand tool, so I spent a little bit of time making a french cleat system for them. Whil…

More Organizing Hand Tools Videos:

27 Responses to “ DIY Hand Tool Storage System –”

1. Bill Neupert says:

I’m not 100% positive, but being a Grandfather I just bet your Grandpa
    would be very proud of you. Heck, I’m proud and don’t even know you – I
    like your spirit and drive
    :-)

2. Gareth Martin says:

Hey! Inspired way you drill the dowel holes on the slant. I’m stealing
    that! Yes I am, ya can’t stop me, it’s mine now. Thanks April.

3. Rock-n H Woodshop says:

Nice job April! Family tools are always used and displayed proudly and you
    accomplished it with this. Great job!

4. Randy Whittemire says:

Very nicely done.. I really like the screw driver holder, mine are just
    everywhere, really like how you done that.

5. Scott Kershaw says:

Great stuff, April. I am still dragging my feet on the drill press cart.
    Sorry.

6. Nicholas Smerk says:

Nice! I just subscribed. Unfortunately, I use my wrenches and sockets ALL
    the time.

7. buzzj89 says:

Another great video. You should consider making a video of the actual
    build. It would be good to watch.

8. bnred4 says:

You are insanely beautiful and I want to build coffee and inn tables with
    you. Dinner?

9. April Wilkerson says:

Check out the french cleat system I made for my hand tools!

10. kary1982v6 says:

cool idea of keeping the box end wrenches and sockets together.. defiantly
    something to think about thanks!

11. BAMAgeek says:

like so many others i put up a wall of pegboard, hung a bunch of hooks and
    called it good for a while. that is until i discovered french cleats.

i am taking my inspiration from you, Jay Bates and Steve Ramsey. i have now
    taken down quite a few things from the pegboard system and switched them to
    french cleats; and i couldn’t be happier. my plan is to build an open-style
    hutch that sits on top of one of my work benches (that sits against the
    back wall) and use french cleats in the space between the sides and below
    the upper storage shelves.

i currently keep my sockets and ratchets in my mechanic’s tool chest (i
    like to do my own car/truck maintenance) so those will probably stay there.
    but the combination wrenches, adjustable (crescent) wrenches, t-handle
    allen wrenches and screwdrivers will definitely go on the french cleat
    system (along with the rest of the woodworking-type tools).

so thank you for your inspiration and keep the vids coming.

12. RJBWoodTurner says:

I use to use only peg board until I discovered French Cleat. The system
    is so versatile. I’m planning to install them around my shop and build tool
    holders for all my tools. I like your ideas and may incorporate some of
    them. Thank you.

Regards,
    Bob

13. New kid on the Wooden Block says:

Great job!! Nice little scrap project and it helps to keep things
    organized!!

14. Bruce Welty says:

Talented Lady!

15. Gary Elder says:

Very cool, nice job

16. Colin Keevil says:

Nice setup, very easy to see if there are any tools missing that you need
    to find

17. Gareth Martin says:

BTW, liked and subbed :-)

18. mimrs12 says:

Great job April, I have a question, are you going to show project build?

19. DJ Stranahan says:

Great work April. Love the way you’re so pleased with it all. Passion is
    what makes the DIY University of YouTube so cool. I’ve been at it for 30
    years and I still smile when I come up with something cool.

20. Ron Wenner says:

Nice job April! Did your Grandfather loose the two (2) missing metric
    wrenches or was it you? :)

21. patw0000 says:

NICE VERY NICE! Smart! Keep up the awesomeness lol if that’s a word hahaha
    I’m re- doing my whole garage, sounds fun and easy until you have a HUGE
    mess EVERY WHERE LOL. These videos HELP A LOT! Thank you

22. Ariful Hasan says:

wow….very helpful

23. Jim Koz says:

nice vid April Take care

24. Micah Howell says:

Noice!!

25. Kenneth Archer says:

Thanks for sharing.

26. The Panasonic Lumix digital cameras are more than just picture maker machines.
    ” AVCHD Lite” allows longer recordings with HD visual and audio quality.
    HD video.

My website – panasonic lumix dmc fz28

27. Hi there very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Wonderful
    .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?
    I am satisfied to seek out so many useful info here within the put up,
    we’d like work out more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing.

. . . . .