Making a Knife With Only Common Tools...

Common Hand Tools: Making a knife with only common tools – time-lapse. http://goughcustom.com/ – Making a prototype bushcraft/camping knife using only simple tools. The blade is made from O1 tool steel, the handle is made from b…

More Common Hand Tools Videos:

28 Responses to “ Making a Knife With Only Common Tools”

1. brett248vista says:

Ok… WOW…. I have all of those tools… What I don’t have is the energy!
    That was quiet amazing!

2. Brad Basham says:

Aaron, that really…REALLY….COOL !!!
    The craftsmanship, the time, the quality, AND the great video, and editing.
    Thanks for sharing that with us.

3. 555 Gear says:

Amazing video, PIVOT blog sent me here

4. matthew feldman says:

+Gough Custom If I order these items off amazon do you make money? If not,
    I will just to my local hardware store and get them. If you do then I will
    order if from here

5. INVISIGOTH says:

I have like… 5 of these tools

6. Octavio Zavala says:

2:13 is that to sharpen or to remove the dye? +Gough Custom

7. ImprovisedSurvival says:

Knife is cool, video is great, but what interests me the most is the brick
    oven. Do you have a video showing it more in detail?

8. Eldon De Jager says:

Hi!How long does it roughly take to make a knive like this with just
    handtools alone?Today i am buying me the material i need to make that jig
    of your?And how much can i sell it for if its a fairly good knive?I am a
    kid of 16 and just want to do it as a hobby and income aswell!And btw i
    think your work on the knive is awesome,can you please get back to me asap
    tnx!

9. jonathan_g says:

Very nice knife you made there, what was that blue looking ink you soaked
    the knife in at the beginning and what purpose did it serve?

10. Валерий Пантюхов says:

Is a soft metal is not good

11. Clint Brooks says:

aside from the time and quality you put into making the knife, the video
    was fantastic !! I’ve watched several of your vids and just want to say
    thanks !!!!

12. bendalfdablizzard says:

I like your style

13. mateo hernandez says:

Gough you’re my inspiration!! That is so cool I wanted to order the A2
    steel but it was a bit more expensive than the O1. Is there a big
    difference between quality?

14. kyle mellor says:

do you sell these

15. davecarpetcare says:

I peeked at your website (past my bedtime, you know). Definitely a “feel
    good” website. You appear to be one of those way cool artisans. If I’m
    ever in your neck of the woods, wherever that may be, I’d like to stop in
    and say hello. I’ll watch your vid tomorrow as I want to make my own knife
    and sheath very soon. In one sense, it is nice that you had to shut down
    orders. Great that business is booming. Nice to see that there are still
    people that put out quality items. Continued success to you.

16. Eric Clark says:

man that’s awesome great job! My knife i made i thought was good but it’s
    crap compared to yours. I went at mine all wrong, used air tools. Before i
    knew it my knife started a combat knife but ended up with a pen knife, LOL!
    Kept getting smaller and smaller..

17. Peter Cobalt says:

really awesome video

18. U NEVER KNOW says:

Aaron are you going to make a new model besides the resolute? perhaps about
    a folding knife?

19. Cristian Crisantes says:

+Gough Custom First of all, I just want to say I love your work. With that
    out of the way, I wanted to ask you a question. I don’t have the equipment
    to cut steel, then heat treat and temper it, so is it a lousy thing to do
    if I buy a pre-made blade then added handles then sharpen it? And would it
    be recommended?

20. MadScorpionAttack says:

still a cool knife but very bendy. oh and what steal did you use?

21. Jason Antley says:

That was really cool. I’ve watched several knife making videos and I liked
    your jig for filing the blade profile the best. I liked the idea of bolting
    the jig to the end of the file. Fortunately I’m a welder so I’m going to
    make something similar. Keep up the good work. Also-nice looking finished
    product. Clean simple lines but a very useful tool.

22. King Builder says:

How long did you put the knife in the oven for and at what temperature?

23. Microbyte says:

for some reason i found it funny when you put it in the microwave

24. christopher caldwell says:

Did you come up with the filing jig or is there a plan somewhere that can
    be accessed?

25. Pedro Parris says:

Awesome video!! question though, if you don’t mind what is the progression
    of grit you use prior to and after heat treat? Thank you–Paratrooper Pete

26. It’s hard to find well-informed people in this particular
    topic, however, youu sound like you know what you’re talking about!

Thanks

27. I blolg frequently and Iseriusly thank you for youhr information.
    Your article haas truly peaked mmy interest. I’m going to take a note of your ite andd keep
    checking for neww detzils about once a week. I subscribed to yiur RSS feed as well.

28. Hi i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i
    read this paragraph i thought i could also make comment due to this good article.