The Essential Tools for the Home Mechanic...

Names of Hand Tools: The Essential Tools for the Home Mechanic. In this episode of Saturday Mechanic, Ben Wojdyla shows us his recommendations for the essential tools in anyone’s set. Subscribe! http://bit.ly/M7fxsI Who s…

More Names of Hand Tools Videos:

28 Responses to “ The Essential Tools for the Home Mechanic”

1. Brad Rae says:

Don’t you mean spanners

2. texasboy2005 says:

Ha! Cheater bars are great for break socket wrenches.

3. spannerz says:

good video,if you cant undo a bolt with a 3/8 ratchet i wouldent put a
    scaffold tube on in youll strip the gears been there done that lol put a
    breaker bar on the bolt!Think i would add a dead blow hammer for knocking
    off corroded alloys!

4. Emmanuel Sibanda says:

I would like to change my inner and outer tie rods and the ball joints on
    my datsun 140y. What tools do I need to do this job successfully.

5. How to DIY with Sammy Bones says:

I enjoyed your video. Gotta love some great tools. Do these work for the
    Sunday mechanic as well? …just kidding. Have a great day!
    #mechanic #tools #sunday

6. LUIS LEON says:

The Essential Tools for the Home Mechanic

7. Perth Car Mechanic says:

This video is awesome we all know that tools are very important to a
    mechanics. Thanks for giving us a great brief about the different tools.

8. ugarte90 says:

oil filter wrench makes life so much easier

9. Car and Driver Magazine says:

I like breaker pipes because unitask tools annoy me. You can use a breaker
    pipe on your sockets, breaker bars, box wrenches, hell, you can use it to
    pry suspensions down to pop ball joints and keep zombies at bay. Can you
    buy a proper breaker bar? Yes. I don’t own one though. – Ben Wojdyla

10. Nicholas Smerk says:

Those look like Chinese jack stands and jack. And there is Nothing wrong
    with using Chinese or Taiwanese tools if you know they are made correctly.
    I’m surprised you mentioned 1/2″ drive over 1/4″ drive: I’d think home
    mechanics would be doing a lot more under the hood work than suspension
    work.

11. Jonathan Kruse says:

This dude should not be teaching anyone about tools. He doesn’t have the
    nomenclature down.

12. cristian214ful says:

Someone help me out please check my video out!!

13. Ric Escareno says:

This show should have way more views!!

14. goldsilverandiamonds says:

The most important tool for the home mechanic……….AN ICE COLD 12 PACK
    OF SIERRA NEVADA TORPEDO IPA!!!!!!!

15. Jaredt Perez says:

this video gives us a good understanding about the tools that are in the
    automotive shop, gives us a great brief about the common tools in the shop.

16. outlawracer2229 says:

I just watched your video and read some comments. I do agree with some of
    your points but I can’t say the one on using a cheater pipe is very good.
    No, I’m not just starting out as a “shade tree mechanic”. I was a
    professional until I retired. I was also trained in the military as a Wheel
    Vehicle Repairman 63W. During training if we used a “cheater bar” that tool
    was taken away and not returned until the end of the course including test
    out. This was done to teach you to respect your tools.

17. zanuha says:

Craftsman or Snap-On. The latter is expensive as fuck, though. Both have a
    lifetime warranty.

18. Car and Driver Magazine says:

I too prefer Craftsman for the same reason. I break tools, a Sears is
    always nearby, and they don’t bat an eyelash on exchange. I will say I’m
    disappointed in the current ratchet design. Seems cheap, the composite
    direction lever is crappy, and the mechanism’s kind of coarse. The sockets
    and accessories are excellent though. I actually really like the universal
    sockets they came out with last year. Amazing for an emergency kit. – Ben
    Wojdyla

19. Benjamin LeBlanc says:

Definitely that and a pipe so that you can get some leverage on a break bar
    or something.

20. Andres Gonzalez says:

get craftsman great lifetime warranty and they don’t cost an arm and a leg
    unlike snap on or other high end brands

21. Josiah Castillo says:

About how much would this tools cost all together if you were to buy them
    from a quality brand?

22. djinfinity09 says:

Should’ve mentioned a driver air/battery those make life SO much easier

23. LesnarPwns says:

safety, retard

24. Anthony Carmenate says:

You forgot to mention the torque wrench! Extremely important tool.

25. mx5hong says:

There are inexpensive ones out there. But of course it won’t be as
    accurate. But it’s not like you’re rebuilding an engine. A inexpensive one
    is useful for tightening down wheel nuts, spark plugs and oil drain plug.

26. If some one wishes to be updated with most up-to-date technologies then he must
    be visit this site and be up to date every day.

27. Nam@Nam says:

Howdy! I know this is sort of off-topic
    however I needed to ask. Does building a
    well-established website like yours require a lot of work?
    I’m brand new to running a blog however I do write in my diary
    daily. I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share
    my personal experience and
    feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind
    of suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.
    Thankyou!

28. Hello, all the time i used to check webpage posts here in the
    early hours in the dawn, for the reason that i enjoy to gain knowledge of more and more.