Carpentry Power Tools: A Few Tips on the...

Carpentry Power Tools: A few tips on the tools you’ll need to start woodworking by Jon Peters. http://www.jonpeters.com/ often ask me what tools should they buy first, to get started in woodworking. Well my advice in this order is. A good table saw with a good fence, I suggest a Biesemeye…

More Carpentry Power Tools Videos:

26 Responses to “ Carpentry Power Tools: A Few Tips on the”

1. ComandanteJ says:

So, after seeing lots of vids like this, everyone says something different,
    but they always say the same for number one most important shop tool: Table
    saw. Too bad it is normally the most expensive of the list LOL.

2. Anthony Tobias says:

Just curious, as an amateur wood worker, I am shopping for tools that I
    need when ever I can, do you have any preference to any brands of tools
    that you notice out perform others? Or are they all so close that it
    depends on who has the better sale price or package?
    I ask this because I notice quite a difference in brands among your tools
    but no ryobi (not picking on ryobi, just that brand comes to mind) tools in
    your set.

3. Richard Cowtails says:

those cordless circs die fast. I like cored ed power tools except drill
    and impact

4. Monica Sonmez says:

if i have all those tool i will start my own business

5. wb5mgr says:

As someone who has done this work for years for others but does not have a
    big budget for personal tools I recommend to people that they keep their
    tools corded including their drill, and when they have finally gotten a
    full set of basic tools go back and get a battery powered drill or
    drill/saw combo kit because it will make life easier. Corded tools never
    run out of power…and they never become worthless because the expensive
    battery packs are shot.

6. John Sittingdown says:

Finding the place to store a table saw and I’m sure a lot of us it’s the
    money what’s the best alternative

7. ALMIRI BUSINESS SOLUTIONS says:

would be nice to have that saw he’s talking about to handle all these plans
    i got here http://trckrs.com/woodworkingplans/….great video man

8. Stone Hunter says:

Triforce on the bandsay in the back xD 1:50

9. paul jacobs says:

thank you i thinks this video will help me for my projects.

10. Amelia Buckley says:

You may click here to obtain the specific wood working plan & guides

11. paul jacobs says:

this video is the best of a few tips for woodworking projects for you.

12. moin latika says:

Cheers for the Video! Apologies for butting in, I would appreciate your
    initial thoughts. Have you researched – Antonello Astonishing Woodwork
    Takeover (just google it)? Ive heard some decent things about it and my GF
    finally produced the most exceptional woodwork masterpiece with it.

13. riyaz uddin says:

today i feel proud seeing your work ,thing are diffrent here in india

14. Mayra Monge says:

muy bueno

15. kimchee94112 says:

If money is no object, Laguna Tools has some nice precision combination
    machines. Radial arm saw went out of style years ago and you could get a
    used one at a good price. You could cross cut, rip, plane, sand, do
    moldings, even compound dados and a few other things with the right
    attachments. Could be a little intimidating doing rip cuts.

Something like the Festoot track saw could do a lot of table saw operations
    and some even the table saw can’t do.

There is a whole world of hand tools – nothing with a motor on it. I like
    the Japanese hand tools for precise woodworking.

16. riyaz uddin says:

please reply if you read my comments

17. riyaz uddin says:

jon good job I AM also a carpenter in india i love your video ,

18. CD Copley says:

I noticed that you make a lot of artist equipment, frames, etc. Have you
    made any artist’s easels? I want to construct my own H-frame artist easel
    and looking for a good design. There are a few videos on YT but not many.

19. dirtyhannie says:

No router?

20. riyaz uddin says:

we work on site here at office and home i have all the machine but not the
    nail gun is the nail gun safe

21. mkc86 says:

that is 300 $ cheaper, why do we pay that much more in Germany? -.-’ is it
    not all imported from China? ;-) greetings

22. Jon Peters Art & Home says:

$160 – $200 I like brother has one and it works good

23. mkc86 says:

yes, that is how humans are made ;-) actually I am looking for a good
    biscuite joiner… elo, festool or dewalt is in my head… but… we will
    see… is america as expensive as germany in the point of good tools? a
    dewalt biscuite joiner (DW682K) is arround 375 Euro… how much is in the
    usa?

24. Ngoc The says:

Thanks Jon, I’m going to be a woodwoker

25. Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest
    authoring on other blogs? I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss
    and would love to have you share some stories/information. I
    know my readers would value your work. If you’re even remotely interested,
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail.