How to Change or Replace a 2 Prong Power...

Power Tools Outlet: How to Change or Replace a 2 Prong Power Outlet for a 3 Prong. Welcome to Martin’s Institute of Teaching! In this video I show you how to upgrade replace change an old two prong power outlet to a new three prong outlet. …

More Power Tools Outlet Videos:

11 Responses to “ How to Change or Replace a 2 Prong Power”

1. Leticia Holliday says:

Who says ladies cant handle DIY projects?? With your video, I was able to
    easily change my 2-prong outlet to a 3-prong following your instructions.
    Thanks!!

2. gspunk29 says:

Thanks for the video. Very quick and easy. But just what I needed.

3. edgpanda says:

Thanks for this I really need to do this. Never realized how easy it can
    be. Ruined my night to find out that I can not plug my xbox into any outlet
    in my room.

4. Keith Reichenbach says:

Thanks. That really helps

5. Matthew Lewis says:

Thanks for the video Martin. I had no idea it was so somple to change out
    2 prong for 3 prong outlets……I have been living for the past year with
    only a couple three prong outlets in my house. I am going to change them
    all over to the 3 prong ths week. Any easy solutions for changing from a
    fuse panel to a breaker box?

6. Kyle Hoffman says:

Great video. Question though… you mention that only newer houses have the
    green wire. I use a lot of electronic devices and just moved into a home
    with about 14 ungrounded 2-prong outlets. I want to switch them to 3-prong
    AND have them properly grounded to protect my electronics, hopefully
    without rewiring the whole house. Suggestions? (I apologize if you’ve
    already answered this and I missed it)

7. Mike Sayig says:

Very helpful. Thanks!

8. martin93003 says:

It didn’t have a ground. On old houses the wiring usually only has two
    wires, the black and white. Newer houses have three, usually a White,
    Green, and Black wire. The Green is supposed to work just like the White
    wire. The Green wire is supposed to be connected to the green (it is
    usually green) screw on the bottom of the outlet.

9. Radiofloyd says:

I didn’t hear you mention it, but did that receptacle have a ground
    connected to it, or no ground at all? I have 2 prongs I am researching to
    upgrade to 3 prongs and I haven’t had a chance to see if I have any ground
    wires connecting to the outlet boxes.

10. If some one needs to be updated with hottest technologies therefore he must be
    go to see this website and be up to date daily.

11. Jared@iOT says:

I don’t even know how I finished up here, but I assumed
    this put up used to be good. I don’t understand who you might be but certainly you are
    going to a famous blogger in the event you aren’t already.
    Cheers!