Ikea FIXA Drill Repair / Battery...

Nikota Power Tools: Ikea FIXA drill repair / Battery Replacement (Fail: wrong type Li-ion cell used see description.). Turns out that the cells that I used for the replacement were of the slow discharge rate ones, and they aren’t capable of providing the current needed by the drill motor as such the drill works…

More Nikota Power Tools Videos:

19 Responses to “ Ikea FIXA Drill Repair / Battery”

1. Telmo Monteiro says:

The voltage of the replacement batteries were really not ok. 2.3V is pretty
    bad for Li-ion battery. Everything less than 2.8V (2.5V to 3400mAh types)
    is not healthy. All that heat doesn’t helped too, they should be useless
    now. But thank you anyway for the video :)

2. ThatNolanKid says:

love the video! After you purchased the proper batteries, how did it work?
    It’s been a few months since your upload. I just recently purchased this
    drill myself. great buy for just 25$

3. Sachin Singhal says:

I’m not able to snug the bit holder, seems others had the same problem.
    Tried really hard, but not able to twist the front part of the drill. Not
    sure, what i’m missing. Can someone post a video to snug a bit holder in
    the drill?

4. Nestor CHAN says:

if your drill looks new, usually they will let you exchange a new one.

5. Ben quinn says:

Fucking prick!!

6. Purkkaviritys says:

helposti, jos kenno rikki lähtiessään ni ekan parin tyhjenemisen jälkeen
    nousee vastus sisäsesti taivaisiin ja sit et lataa sitä enää ollenkaan.
    Töissäki tullu vastaan koneita jossa akku hajonnu kuukauden sisään ja
    yleensä syyllisenä on yks hajonnut kenno.

7. TheMr Jamu says:

Miten voi kahdessa viikossa kyykähtää akku? Se kiinalainen hikipaja, jossa
    noi on ruuvattu kasaan on kyllä käyttänyt jotain kierrätysakkuja…

8. Allan Peda says:

I’m not sure the charging circuit for a LiH battery is the same for a NiMH
    battery.

9. motaclown says:

All that work for a $6.00 drill?

10. Purkkaviritys says:

$19.99 and when you order now you get a free unassemblable shelf unit… In
    all seriousness, why not repair something that takes me less time than it
    would have to go to IKEA to buy a new one and I already had all the parts
    anyway.

11. Purkkaviritys says:

The original batteries were Li-ion 3.6V 1500mAh and the replacements were
    li-ion 3.6V 2600mAh

12. Designandrew says:

hot glue is a hackers best friend

13. Lia Atkins says:

hi! i just bought the drill but i can’t seem to find the way to put the bit
    holder into the machine. how do you do it? thx

14. Purkkaviritys says:

twist the drill head to open the jaws, drop the bit in and twist to the
    other direction to lock the bit in place?

15. Craig Skousen says:

You should have used a drill to unscrew the screws.

16. Can say I didn’t see it like that. Nice perspective.

17. If some one wishes expert view concerning blogging and
    site-building then i propose him/her to pay a quick visit
    this website, Keep up the nice job.

18. excellent post, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector don’t realize this.
    You should continue your writing. I’m confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!

19. Remarkable problems here. I am very happy to view your document Emergency Towing In Coppell Lockout Jump Start Roadside Assistance. Thank you using this program . having a look to touch anyone. Can you be sure to fall me a mail?