New Antique Machine Shop Tools! Starrett,...

Millers Falls Power Tools: New antique machine shop tools! Starrett, Lufkin, Miller Falls and more. New tools bequeathed to me by my Grandfather. Includes a Starrett Level, Lufkin distance gauge, Miller Falls Tools micrometer and more! Visit http://www.nycc…

More Millers Falls Power Tools Videos:

19 Responses to “ New Antique Machine Shop Tools! Starrett,”

1. Ryan Stephen says:

Tip for using the micrometer, hold it in your right hand with your pinkie
    and ring finger grasping the corner (closest to the dial) of the black body
    part (middle finger used as a rest) whilst using your index finger and
    thumb to rotate the dial. This way you can get a much better precise
    measurement of the item. Hope this helps! Happy New Year to you too!

2. Jonathan Thiem says:

I live in athol right near starret tool. Unfortunately they are very slow
    now and have cut some workers to 16 hrs week

3. gbowne1 says:

If you ever get a chance to build or make precision tooling, build or
    aquire boxes like these which may also be lined and have low moisture
    content so that the tools inside will not get damaged and or rust. Starrett
    still packages a few select items in wood boxes.

4. foxdmulder says:

Those are some beautiful tools. From the comments above you’ve already
    gathered the 2nd last was an inside micrometer but those kind can not be
    bought today anymore. The quality and weight shows the workmanship. we’ll
    never see timber boxed tools again. Now its all plastic. My favourite was
    the machine level and the socket set, i kept some of my fathers old socket
    sets, all in metal boxes like yours. the machine level you got, is it on a
    cast iron magnetic base?

5. ClckdyClck says:

If you’re still wondering the name of the tool towards the end it is a
    inside mic…a very nice inside mic at that. you came back with some nice
    tools, if you were to buy that kind of quality today, your wallet would be
    alot lighter that’s for sure.

6. John NYCCNC says:

Ryan – Thanks – much appreciated!

7. Jonathan Thiem says:

@saunixcomp as far as i know they are at least 90% usa made and have two
    southern distributors and one factory also down south but mostly it is in
    athol.

8. John NYCCNC says:

@MegaMoto4 Interesting – and sad to hear. Do you know how much
    manufacturing they do there versus overseas?

9. Chuck Norris says:

very nice tools. there has always been something mystical and mage like
    about machinists.

10. John NYCCNC says:

Is there a better tool – e.g. one that’s less error prone?

11. FuckTheSystemHard says:

@saunixcomp your comment just goes to show why , you only offered 5 more
    dollars…

12. happymark1805 says:

Alway nice to see someone respecting old tools, they just do’nt make em
    like that annymore

13. Emmanuel Grigoriou says:

I was looking for a vid that showed me how an inside micrometer works and
    here it is I found it! Thanks !

14. John NYCCNC says:

Thanks! I agree – they don’t make them like this anymore. I would
    absolutely pay, say, $5 more for a good tool to have it packaged in nice
    wood boxes like this… Maybe plastic has a longer life span or is
    impervious to the elements, but it just doesn’t feel the same!

15. This saw is described by having a close cupboard
    base to accumulate dust and usually have induction electric motors in 3 to 5hp selection.

If your garden compost is too completely dry, add about
    one cup of water and tumble a number of times to blend it in.
    Any wall space that does not include a window or door ought to remain in the
    16-24 inch spacing.

16. You could also create a bag or a tiny develop up package out of these coffee grain pouches.
    Some blends are incredibly light with a small hint of fruitiness, while others will certainly be much deeper and
    also richer in taste. With work and also mixture capuccino manufacturers the burr mill is actually consisted of in the built-in in to
    the singular unit.

17. Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this site.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult
    to get that “perfect balance” between superb
    usability and visual appearance. I must say that you’ve
    done a fantastic job with this. Also, the blog loads super
    quick for me on Chrome. Exceptional Blog!

Here is my homepage – Flexwell Review

18. 5 HP, 16″ bar with reasonable zest string saw that provides an increase electricity over power. Considering that the original “Saw” hacked its means to container workplace treasures in 2004, five other groups of manufacturers, directors, and authors have maximized the spoils in order to be actually found in buying a group of stars all together and also emulating all of them being ripped separate by machines. He first believed that the apparition was her more mature sis Lisa however when he got a more clear perspective, that had not been.

19. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site?
    My website is in the exact same niche as yours and
    my users would really benefit from some of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you. Regards!